(1) His encouragement gave me a hot sense of uplift.
(2) This victory was a massive uplift for us.
(3) The news gave them a much needed uplift.
(4) Art was created to uplift the mind and the spirit.
(5) Coaches will set down and uplift passengers only as directed by the police in the streets mentioned.
(6) She felt jaded and in need of emotional uplift.
(7) Helen, neutrally listening, anaesthetised by her state of uplift, thought that they nicely illustrated the condition of the place.
(8) The uplift of a sedimentary pile undergoing maturation is likely to have the effect of leading to a cessation of hydrocarbon generation.
(9) Gandhi gave the party some attention but social uplift absorbed more of him.
(10) Uplift of this magnitude could have occurred during Hercynian times with the stripping of considerable amounts of Carboniferous overburden.
(11) The time scale over which uplift takes place depends upon the way in which heat is transferred through the lithosphere.
(12) Rapid cooling between 22 and 20Myr reflects both uplift during ductile phases of extensional deformation and ambient cooling of the granitic intrusions.
(13) When computing uplift from a Marie-type graph such situations would give rise to an overestimate of uplift for the Carboniferous.
(14) Upper-and lower-plate margins will differ significantly in their uplift and subsidence history.
(15) The uplift came amidst allegations that the younger children were now subject to abuse from older siblings.
(16) The coupling of this offshore subsidence and onshore uplift will induce a flexure of the margin which will accentuate uplift inland.
(17) We need a little something to help sometimes, to uplift us and make us feel better.
(18) We are counting on your speech, bishop, to give some moral uplift to the delegates.
(19) Its shares were down across the first quarter, but are now showing a 20 per cent uplift.
(20) Life-size dinosaur models tower above the Prehistoric Park where authentic geological formations include mountain uplift, volcano, swampland and inland sea.
(21) Each was a weekend retreat for white-collar workers and gentry for purposes of education and uplift.
(22) Anna uses essential oils in her bath as well as for skin-care and as perfume to uplift her spirits.
(23) For example, while heating of the lithosphere may account for uplift, subsidence may result from lithospheric cooling.
(24) As her fury drained, she felt a surge of uplift.
(25) Even certain elevated atolls seem to have such a thickness of limestone as to indicate subsidence before present uplift.
(26) These areas have apparently acquired an enhanced vitrinite reflectance which has led to an apparent overestimate of uplift.
(27) A steady flow of oxygenated water can be maintained by an air stream in the uplift attached to a filter plate.
(28) Any plate tectonics model of the Andes must in fact account for the uplift essentially in terms of vertical tectonics.
(29) It could be argued that this apparent overestimate is a true reflection of the total amount of uplift.
(30) Overall both Namurian and Visean gradients are comparable with that for the Westphalian minimum uplift composite trend.关于快好知快百科沪ICP备20003152号-4